there's gotta be more to life than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me



If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Don't effin' blame the chef!

Saturday, February 12, 2005

No Room for a BF

Last night was one of the best gimiks ever. Ms. Spontaneity has been resurrected.

My date didn't go well. It was actually great.o^_^o

He turned out to be one of the most interesting people I've agreed to meet up with a.k.a. Eyeball. To start off, his name is Nikolaos Dritsopolous. Or something. His dad is Greek and has never set foot on the Philippines. He moved to the Philippines in 1991 when his parents separated and he went to live with his mom who is a native of Mindoro. Anyway, that's enough for his bio.

I first saw him at the sisses' gig at Xaymaca. He's the bassist of Hemp Republic. I was chatting with Bunny and Al when Niko overheard me ask some stuff from Al. Niko handed me a folded bond paper. I didn't even get his name that time. Then, he messaged me on Friendster asking for my number and coffee. I obliged. It's always nice to be around UPLB peeps.

I did a background check with Myla who's my blocmate who's the roommate of Lia who's a member of UP Jammers which Niko is also a member of. She couldn't believe I'm meeting up with him coz he just got stabbed last Saturday in the wee hours of the morning. I had no idea `bout it so I figured he's well now.

We decided to meet at Starbucks GB3. Well, there's a reason why it's always nice to be with UPLB peeps. It's because there's that instant connection, like you've known each other for a long time. It's fun to discover common friends and wonder why you never took notice of each other on campus. There was no dull moment over our caramel frappes.

I went to the washroom and on my way back, I heard someone call out,"Floi! Floi!" WTF?! It's Joweinie! Last time I saw her was in 2000 before she graduated from SJA. I've been updated about her for the past year, though, coz I found her blog. Her blog's definitely one of my fave reads.

After our caffeine-fix, Niko and I decided to get our alcohol-fix. We ended up at Absinth coz the cowgirls appealed to him. Then, Syanta texted she and her cousin Mikee's going to CG. I told her it's about time we conquer Absinth. Niko got along well with the two, too. Ahhh... I was with an ideal crowd. Y'know, no one needed baby-sitting.

It turned out, Syanta and Brian broke up last weekend. Well, the complications of a real relationship got them. `Twas sad coz Syanta met John through Brian. We kinda became the CG couples.

When the DJ started to play old school, we transferred to Temple. WTF?! John was there! Needless to say, so was Brian. This is such a small world we're moving in. By the end of the night, Miss Match fixed Syanta and Brian. They're back together. Phew.

John, on the other hand, had some beef going. This girl, his neighbor in San Fran's cousin, tagged along that night and got drunk. The guy threatened he'd shoot John's ass if anything happened to the tag-along girl. John took it seriously and was talking about getting the guy murdered by some NPA relatives he has. That was scary. We decided it was time to call it a night.

Yeah, I know. I'm such a biatch for turning a date into a full-blown party. But, Niko and I both had fun and we're pretty certain there would be more of that in the future.

Tonight, I'm off to CG with TGIS. Niko wanted to go but, uh, I don't think he's prepared for what he might see yet.*wink*

Lovapalooza 2 will be held tonight too. I don't even want to think of it coz it reminds me of Astro. A year ago, I had the chance to watch BoyzIIMen live but I let it pass coz I was so much in love with him. I had to be with my boyfriend on Valentine's, of course.

This is the first Valentine season in four years Ima be celebrating without a Valentine... and I couldn't care less.^_^


******************************
*.* as if! @ 9:29:00 PM • • RBJ

 


I'll be seeing you. Goodnight.

Find me here:

friendsterated

Palabras Finales

Remember me when you hear this

sleeps with butterflies ~ tori amos



Airplanes take you away again
Are you flying
Above where we live?
Then I look up a glare in my eyes
Are you having regrets about last night?
I'm not but I like rivers that rush in
So then I dove in
Is there trouble ahead
For you the acrobat?
I won't push you unless you have a net


You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly then boy


Balloons
Look good from on the ground
I fear with pins and needles around
We may fall then stumble
Upon a carousel
It could take us anywhere

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl, this girl

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly boy


miss me? spot me here:

be listed

Bury the Hatchet

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

online

This 
page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Who Links Here

®fLoi enjoy 2005©