there's gotta be more to life than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me



If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Don't effin' blame the chef!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Coffee and Sympathy

I hate you Ipertz for reading my thoughts.

With apologies to Blur and Jars of Clay.

Monday night was TGIS night. Due to Loiza's call center career, the S in TGIS sometimes stands for Sunday and we sometimes become TGIM. Sundays, we go to Marbles to play billiards. Mondays, we meet up in the newly-opened Starbucks in Las Piñas. We used to hang in Figaro before that.

Mum has long found the idea of us staying in Starbucks till past midnight ridiculous. She would go on and on about wondering why I would spend a hundred pesos ++ on a cup of coffee and how a cup would take me at least three hours to consume. My answer would always be, "This is my generation. You wouldn't understand." Let's try to make her.

What is it about Starbucks? Why is it teeming with people at certain hours of the day, particularly at night? Why would anyone need coffee before going to sleep?

Coffee

Starbucks does have delicious coffee. They offer a flavor for your every mood. Even if you don't drink coffee, the aroma is like the serpent to Eve, tempting her to take a sip. They have the yummiest Belgian waffles heaped with whipped cream and your choice of topping. Their glazed doughnut for a measly price of P 25 is enough to satisfy your pastry fix. Need I describe their Chocolate Dome? Nah, if I do, you'd leave your seat and make a dash to the nearest Starbs. Now, this is beginning to sound like a free ad.

I didn't use to be a coffee lover. My system and caffeine didn't mesh well. Eventually, I got the hang of it. Now, I almost crave for a Grande Caramel Frappe once in a while. One Caramel Frappucino for Floi!

Sympathy

You would never see a person having coffee by himself in Starbucks. It's an idea which is almost impossible, like seeing a nun in a strip joint. That is one thing about Starbucks coffee - it is best enjoyed with conversation. Perhaps, it's the other way around. Conversation is quite enjoyable over Starbucks coffee. It's an if-and-only-if situation.

People who frequent Starbucks don't just go there for the coffee. They go there to unwind after a day's work, to catch up with old friends, to socialize, or simply just chill out. They go there for the place. They go there for the conversation. They go there for the sympathy. I myself can attest to how many times my world cleared up after hanging out at Starbucks with TGIS.

You don't just pay for the coffee. You pay for the place, the ambience, the company. When you look at it that way, isn't one hundred pesos money well spent?


******************************
*.* as if! @ 1:33:00 PM • • RBJ

 


I'll be seeing you. Goodnight.

Find me here:

friendsterated

Palabras Finales

Remember me when you hear this

sleeps with butterflies ~ tori amos



Airplanes take you away again
Are you flying
Above where we live?
Then I look up a glare in my eyes
Are you having regrets about last night?
I'm not but I like rivers that rush in
So then I dove in
Is there trouble ahead
For you the acrobat?
I won't push you unless you have a net


You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly then boy


Balloons
Look good from on the ground
I fear with pins and needles around
We may fall then stumble
Upon a carousel
It could take us anywhere

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl, this girl

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly boy


miss me? spot me here:

be listed

Bury the Hatchet

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

online

This 
page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Who Links Here

®fLoi enjoy 2005©