there's gotta be more to life than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me



If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Don't effin' blame the chef!

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Coffee in the Rain


I just arrived home from a gruesome coffee date with Ighie. The date was great, but the weather wasn't. It was drizzling the whole day. Next time, we swore to check the weather first.

Ighie is a high school girlfriend who I haven't seen for over a year. The last time we were together were in another friend's debut party and we didn't get talk much then because of distracting other friends. :D

Our catching up happened in Starbucks Intramuros. We were there at 5pm and made do with one of those giant umbrellas for shelter.

A pack of Marlboro Lights and 2 frappes later, we felt like we weren't separated at all. Let's just say that every couple of months were compensated with an hour.

We wrapped things up by 10pm. Talk about a major bonding session, pare.

Coffee Talk


I haven't always been a big fan of coffee. I'm usually the milkshake girl. In fact, I've only been hooked on this delightful beverage just recently.

Minus those rare instances when Roselle managed to drug drag me to Isis Cafe to appease her end-of-the-day caffeine cravings, I never drank coffee.

Caffeine has a reversed effect on me. I'm normally a hyperactive person and I mellow down even after a few sips of coffee. Weird, I know, but that fact is trivial. I indulge in my weirdness.

I remember that one time when I drank 4 cups of Nescafe Frothe to stay awake to study for a major exam in Stat 144, I ended up feeling too sleepy and my hand was too shakey to keep solving. I slept the night off and had hyperacidity the whole of the following day.

The main reason I forced my system to adapt to coffee is that I realized that the most interesting conversations take place over coffee. As Jowein puts it, "Everyone coffees." Characters in Friends hang out in a coffee shop. Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte has a routine coffee date. EVERYONE COFFEES. Now, I do, too.Ü


******************************
*.* as if! @ 12:10:00 AM • • RBJ

 


I'll be seeing you. Goodnight.

Find me here:

friendsterated

Palabras Finales

Remember me when you hear this

sleeps with butterflies ~ tori amos



Airplanes take you away again
Are you flying
Above where we live?
Then I look up a glare in my eyes
Are you having regrets about last night?
I'm not but I like rivers that rush in
So then I dove in
Is there trouble ahead
For you the acrobat?
I won't push you unless you have a net


You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly then boy


Balloons
Look good from on the ground
I fear with pins and needles around
We may fall then stumble
Upon a carousel
It could take us anywhere

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl, this girl

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly boy


miss me? spot me here:

be listed

Bury the Hatchet

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

online

This 
page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Who Links Here

®fLoi enjoy 2005©