there's gotta be more to life than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me



If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Don't effin' blame the chef!

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Pass the Advil

I'm stealing a few minutes from work time to blog. I have this excruciating migraine that I just have to let my brain rest. Hmmm... blogging as a form of de-stress-er...

The past weekend [plus Monday] had been good for my social sustenance. Just when I thought Im'a socially dry out. Right on time!^_^

I was impausibly happy and fulfilled last Friday. In my tank top, orange sweater, denim mini-skirt and blue flats, I braved the jungle that Manila is. By Manila, I mean Quiapo, Recto, Divisoria and Morayta. Crazy, huh? Yeah, I am.

I was supposed to pick mah bebe Belle up who I haven't seen since May at her apartment beside McDo Morayta. I was coming from the office in Shaw. Now, I've been everywhere but not Manila. Mum has been keen on keeping my brothers and I way from crowded chaotic places. Don't get me wrong, I've been to DV - a lot, actually, being the economic shopper I am - but never by myself in such attire.

Belle gave me specific instructions to take an FX to Quiapo from Shaw, get off by Quiapo church, hail a jeep going to España, Project 6 or 8 then get off in front of McDo Morayta. She told me to ask assistance from the driver.

I was on an FX, monitoring my location by checking out the addresses on shop signages, all giddy from the adventure. [I know it's pretty pathetic for me to consider taking public transpo to Quiapo by myself an adventure] When we were in Recto [How did I know it was Recto? Because of San Beda, of course], I asked the driver how I can go to Morayta. He told me to get off right then and there and get on a jeep going to Divisoria. He told me I would see McDo Morayta on the left.

Bottom-line: Everyone alighted the jeep at Divisoria and still no McDo Morayta.

I asked direction from the security guard in Mercury Drug [God bless that kind ol' man] and finally reached McDo.

The plan was for me to pick Belle up then go to Tigatto in Timog. Guitarman had a gig that night and boy, how I wanted to see him again. Yep, I eventually forgave him. Plus, he's pretty good in playing a shrink. I think my therapy's going well. He does know girls more than girls themselves do. Well he should after four years of being surrounded with them. He received his degree in Music from St. Scho. He's straight!^_^

Belle and I waited for her bf Bumi who was kind enough to drive us to Tigatto.

Tigatto's a cool place. Not exactly Gilligan's nor Pier 1 but it's decent enough. I fell in love with their cocktail Tigattochangga which is a smoothie of vodka, Bailey's, Kahlua, strawberry and chocolate with a stemmed Marachino cherry. Yum yum yum! Belle said I looked like a child enjoying a tropical shake on the beach. I finished the drink off with a cherry knot, of course.

Guitarman's band is the coolest factor in the bar. There were four of them. He on guitars, Chino on kahon, Peach on lead vocals and Rei on back-up. FYI, Peach has the most viscous voice I've ever heard live. Think Aretha Franklin and Mary J. Blige. She's also the wife of South Border's Vince. How's that for a couple! Sad to say, though, that she left in the arms of another man that night. Cheeezmeeez!^_^

Shameless Plugging: Joint Bridges will be at Tigatto all Fridays this month. Gig starts at 9pm. Check em out! They're not your typical acoustic band. You should hear their version of JT's Like I love you.

At around 2 am, my world started to spin. I was texting SBLS that night and jokingly asked him to pick me up. His reply? "Cge. Give me an hr." Yay!

Few minutes over. To be continued...


******************************
*.* as if! @ 3:07:00 PM • • RBJ

 


I'll be seeing you. Goodnight.

Find me here:

friendsterated

Palabras Finales

Remember me when you hear this

sleeps with butterflies ~ tori amos



Airplanes take you away again
Are you flying
Above where we live?
Then I look up a glare in my eyes
Are you having regrets about last night?
I'm not but I like rivers that rush in
So then I dove in
Is there trouble ahead
For you the acrobat?
I won't push you unless you have a net


You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly then boy


Balloons
Look good from on the ground
I fear with pins and needles around
We may fall then stumble
Upon a carousel
It could take us anywhere

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl, this girl

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly boy


miss me? spot me here:

be listed

Bury the Hatchet

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

online

This 
page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Who Links Here

®fLoi enjoy 2005©