there's gotta be more to life than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me



If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Don't effin' blame the chef!

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Why Three Women - One Married - chose Celibacy

*Title of an article in a magazine with Anne Curtis on the cover which I saw in 711 Arnaiz whose title I forgot because I was too drunk for my memory to function properly.

The summer of `02 is definitely one of the best times a had in UPLB, in my whole life, even. I moved out of the dorm to my own apartment with Berong and Van. No curfews, no rules and regulations, no GUARDIANS. It was total freedom for the very first time.

I took History II and Math 26 [which I failed the previous semester because of excessive absences]. Van took Math 17 and Comm II. Beron was working on his thesis on agricultural landscape. Astro wasn't registered but he visisted me at least once a week [sweet shit].

Van and I became inseparable - the dynamic duo, the partners-in-crime. Sex, weeds and alcohol were the ingredients of our daily routine. We attended our classes, of course. [I got a 2.25 in History and 1.75 in Math] We arranged for the same schedule, 8:30 to 11:30 AM and 1:00 to 4:00 PM. We had so much time for extracurriculars.

One rare sober night, while eating our staple food SPAM, Lucky Me Chicken Noodles with egg and rice, our mature selves surfaced and we found ourselves discussing the consequences of our actions and how we would react.

A woman becomes pregnant when a baby develops inside her. Babies come from the fertilization of a sperm cell and an egg cell. A sperm cell and an egg cell becomes acquainted when a male inserts his genitalia to a female genitalia. The insertion occurs during sexual intercouse, more commonly tagged as sex.

"What if we get pregnant? What would we do?"

I remember answering without batting an eye, "Pretend it never happened, of course. We CAN'T get pregnant. We'll find a way to solve the situation." Van agreed without hesitation.

September that same year, we weren't seeing each other that much anymore. After summer, she moved out to live with her best friend Mabel and Anna moved in. Summer was a temporary arrangement since both Mabel and Anna didn't take summer classes.

Van has just celebrated her 18th birthday with a drinking frenzy at our niche Leandro's when she came rushing to me. Her pregnancy test showed two lines.

I was working at Panicles Bar that time so I didn't have the time to accompany her to an OB-GYN. Luckily, Van's ninang and my kinakapatid/soulmate Rozl did. One trip to the doctor confirmed our worst fears. Van was pregnant.

She was almost two months on the way and she was on alcohol and cigarettes prior to the discovery.

"If you push through with the pregnancy, the baby might suffer from the effects of your gimiks."

But no, Van refused to address "it" as THE baby anymore. "It" was HER baby and months later, "it" became a she. Van said she felt an indescribable motherly bond with her baby and she didn't have the heart to get rid of her.

I still couldn't understand what Van claimed she felt but whenever I see how happy she is now, I sense an inkling. I wouldn't be introduced to that feeling anytime soon, though. How can I be a hundred percent certain?

Abstinence, pare. Only St. Anne was capable of Immaculate Conception.


******************************
*.* as if! @ 6:22:00 PM • • RBJ

 


I'll be seeing you. Goodnight.

Find me here:

friendsterated

Palabras Finales

Remember me when you hear this

sleeps with butterflies ~ tori amos



Airplanes take you away again
Are you flying
Above where we live?
Then I look up a glare in my eyes
Are you having regrets about last night?
I'm not but I like rivers that rush in
So then I dove in
Is there trouble ahead
For you the acrobat?
I won't push you unless you have a net


You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly then boy


Balloons
Look good from on the ground
I fear with pins and needles around
We may fall then stumble
Upon a carousel
It could take us anywhere

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl, this girl

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly boy


miss me? spot me here:

be listed

Bury the Hatchet

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

online

This 
page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Who Links Here

®fLoi enjoy 2005©