there's gotta be more to life than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me



If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Don't effin' blame the chef!

Monday, December 13, 2004

Losing Streak

I don't know if it is on the blueprint of my life but I seem to lose every person I love. I haven't addressed this issue since our recollection in 3rd year high school but a tiny voice at the back of my head nags me with it. Perhaps it is one of the reasons why I tend to overanalyze. My subconscious insists that everything would lead to goodbye.

It started with Yeng. She's my childhood best friend. I grew up with two brothers and a distant relationship with my mother. Yeng's house was a few steps away from mine; hence, she and her sister somewhat became my own. We rarely argued and the few times we did, we reconciled in a few minutes. I must have learned the ability not to harbor anger from her. Our friendship was ideal.

In May 1995, our family had to sell the house for Pop's open-heart surgery. We transferred to a rented house in a neighboring village. Yeng and I were still children then, and we considered anywhere more than a hundred steps far. We bawled like we were going to be oceans apart. But, our friendship held up. No longer the same but not exactly different.

We bawled again in September 1996 because then, oceans WERE going to come between us. Yeng's family left for greener pastures in the States. Technology was quite primitive to us then and after a few months, we completely fell out of touch. Only was I introduced to the internet in 2000 that we regained communication but the depth of our friendship was never recovered.

I didn't find the same kind of friendship with anyone after that. I can recount a list of names that I considered my "best friend" but they were almost conventional. Except for one. Read on.

When I entered college, I had the privilege of sharing my dorm room with one of the most unadulterated individuals I've known - Angeli. A month after our first acquaintance, in between my pukes in Leandro's Cafe's ladies washroom and the Indigo Girls in the background, we declared each other as best friends. From that point on, I was no longer Floi to her nor she Angeli to me, we called each other "Bes" as affirmation.

The end of Freshman year signified the end of our residency contract with the dorm. Due to financial reasons, I rented an apartment outside the campus while her class schedule prompted her to rent one inside. We still saw to it that we spend time together everyday.

As college progressed, we became more engrossed in our organizations. Our time for each other became less and even less when we both committed ourselves to members of the opposite sex.

When I left college and transferred back to Manila, it was only inevitable that we barely saw each other. Thank goodness to Friendster and cellphones, we remained strongly in touch with each other which would've taken a lot of effort to do so physically.

August 2001 introduced me to Roselle. I found my soul friend in her. She has made quite an impact in my life that I wrote a whole blogpost about and for her. I don't even need to talk about how but soon enough, I would lose her.

The reason for this entry is my high school best friend Em. Our friendship has surpassed the tests of distance, time and immaturity [or so I thought]. We met in 2nd year high school where our passion for movies and our Catholic faith strengthened our bond. I even baptized her with the name Em, her real name being Marlin. I have always had a problem with her attitude, though. Most of our misunderstandings, as she herself admitted, resulted from her bratty tendencies and narrow-mindedness.

Em celebrated her 20th birthday last October 23 since her actual birthday fell on a Sunday which is on the 24th. We had a bit of tampuhan the previous night because we were at Kat's house and I kinda dozed off in exhaustion since I came from work. To avoid it from happening again, I decided to take a nap before going to her party. Wrong move! My nap ended 3am of Sunday night. I quickly texted my apologies but all I got for a reply was, "I hate you." Short and chilly, like raw hatred.

I constantly texted her in the days that followed but she just wouldn't reply. After I got back from Cebu, I texted her again to inform her of the trinkets I brought for her. A cold hard "Like I care" was what I got. I put up my white flag then. Somehow, I accepted the fact that two weeks of anger cannot be vanquished that easily and decided to just let it pass.

It's been over a month and I saw her again at Mimon's last Saturday. When I leaned over to make beso-beso, she turned her face away. Awrighty then, I've done my part. This must mean goodbye. Who needs a best friend who you need to baby-sit every other time, anyway.

To emphasize the losing streak I seem to be doomed to, allow me to mention all the boys that came and went into my life. No need to elaborate, they don't deserve to be talked about specifically.


******************************
*.* as if! @ 11:42:00 AM • • RBJ

 


I'll be seeing you. Goodnight.

Find me here:

friendsterated

Palabras Finales

Remember me when you hear this

sleeps with butterflies ~ tori amos



Airplanes take you away again
Are you flying
Above where we live?
Then I look up a glare in my eyes
Are you having regrets about last night?
I'm not but I like rivers that rush in
So then I dove in
Is there trouble ahead
For you the acrobat?
I won't push you unless you have a net


You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly then boy


Balloons
Look good from on the ground
I fear with pins and needles around
We may fall then stumble
Upon a carousel
It could take us anywhere

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl, this girl

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly boy


miss me? spot me here:

be listed

Bury the Hatchet

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

online

This 
page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Who Links Here

®fLoi enjoy 2005©