there's gotta be more to life than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me



If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Don't effin' blame the chef!

Friday, November 19, 2004

Perfect Day

I'm feeling so good
I knew that I would
Been taking care of myself like I should
Cause not one thing
Can bring me down
Nothing in this world's gonna turn me around...


Yesterday is the perfect day to date. I was incredibly happy; I even texted some people just to share my happiness with them [and to maximize my 24/7 free text]. Here's the catch, my happiness is not a result of anything. I was just... happy. Happy. Happy. Happy. I love this feeling. I know this will last long because it's independent of anything. An independent feeling. Hmmm...

When I opened up my eyes today
Felt the sun shining on my face
It became so clear to me that everything is goin my way...

I woke up, ate sauteed corned beef, scrambled eggs and garlic rice then lathered on my favorite TBC mango shower gel. I was feeling girly so I chose to wear my pin-striped skirt which, tadah! Mum has already ironed. [usually, I have to beg Mum to iron my clothes. Mum's a lazy parent. hehe. kidding]

I stepped out into the main street when a jeepney screeched to a halt even before I flagged it down.

The jeepney driver dropped us passengers off in close proximity to the MRT station when suddenly, a familiar bag! [starbs insignia] Hmmm... perhaps there are a lot of bags like that. Suddenly, a pair of familiar shoes! [checkered sneakers] Holy Cow! It's Tiepee!!! In the flesh!

It was such an unexpected moment, I just stared at her for a few minutes [while making my way through the crowd. Mann, that girl certainly walks fast] when I remembered her blogpost on people recognizing her in public but not coming up to her to say hi. With the tip of my left index finger, I tapped her shoulder [not because nandiri ako as some people might comment but because I wanted to see if she's for real and I was thinking she's too delicate like china. hehe]

We both stared at each other in disbelief with giggles in between our hi's and OMG's. You see, Tiepee is my very first blogger friend. Her purple chocolates link has been on my sidebar practically forever. I've been witnessing her day-to-day struggles for almost a year and now, I'm starstruck. Hahaha! Yeah, girl, I was. Hahaha!

Too bad I had to get to work so I left her at Shaw Station. My happy-o-meter climbed a thousand notches, though.

The rest of the day went by in a blur. I had this silly grin plastered on my face even while my boss was getting irate with the leery travel agent. Everyone I talked to on the phone noted my cheery almost-sing-song voice. Nothing could have rained on my parade.

Now that day is turning into night
And everything is still going right
there's no way you can stop me this time
Or break this spirit of mine
Like the stars above I'm gonna shine
Anything I want will be mine
Tonight I'm gonna have a good time
Call a few friends of mine
Cause I'm loving life and tonight's for feeling so good...


I was supposed to have a movie date with Cha. I want to watch Santa Santita out of curiosity. I want to see how sweet wholesome Angelica pulled the role off. But, Jonas was going to join us so a bar was most likely. Maris joined us too.

We three girls met up at Megamall, and decided to eat dinner at Metrowalk since that was where Jonas was going to pick us up. We took a cab from Mega but made a wrong turn, got off at Caltex Julia Vargas and walked the rest of the way. Walking beside the highway on stilletos for approximately 300 meters was like a walk in the park.

We stuffed ourselves at Chicken Bacolod, waited for Jonas then transferred to Pier One Pasig. We had such a great time I kind of felt sad when we were going home. Just a bit because I realized tomorrow is a new day.^_^

So, there goes my one fine day. I'm sure there's a lot of that day to follow.


******************************
*.* as if! @ 3:13:00 PM • • RBJ

 


I'll be seeing you. Goodnight.

Find me here:

friendsterated

Palabras Finales

Remember me when you hear this

sleeps with butterflies ~ tori amos



Airplanes take you away again
Are you flying
Above where we live?
Then I look up a glare in my eyes
Are you having regrets about last night?
I'm not but I like rivers that rush in
So then I dove in
Is there trouble ahead
For you the acrobat?
I won't push you unless you have a net


You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly then boy


Balloons
Look good from on the ground
I fear with pins and needles around
We may fall then stumble
Upon a carousel
It could take us anywhere

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl, this girl

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly boy


miss me? spot me here:

be listed

Bury the Hatchet

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

online

This 
page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Who Links Here

®fLoi enjoy 2005©