there's gotta be more to life than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me



If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Don't effin' blame the chef!

Saturday, November 06, 2004

The Notebook

Tieps, here's my story.

The Movie


A young woman comes to the coastal town of Seabrook, North Carolina in the 1940's to spend the summer with her family. Still in her teens, Allie Hamilton meets local boy Noah Calhoun at a Carnival. On the spot, Noah senses that he and Allie are meant to be together. Though she is a wealthy debutante and he a mill worker, over the course of one passionate and carefree summer in the South, the two fall deeply in love.

Circumstances - and the sudden outbreak of World War II - drive them apart, but both continue to be haunted by memories of each other. When Noah returns home from the war years later, Allie is irrevocably gone from his life, but not from his heart.

Though Noah doesn't yet know it, Allie has come back to Seabrook, where they first fell in love. But now Allie is engaged to marry Lon, a wealthy soldier she met while volunteering in a GI hospital and Noah likewise has a casual affair with a widow Martha.

Decades later, a man reads from a faded notebook to a woman he regularly visits at her nursing home. Though her memory has faded, she becomes caught up in the fiery story of Allie and Noah - and for a few moments, she is able to relive the passionate, turbulent time when they swore they'd be together always.

My Life

A young woman comes to the fast-paced city of Manila to rid herself of too much time at home with her family. Still in her teens, Floi Pablo meets local boy Lex.ir Roduta at 65B. On the spot, Lex.ir senses that he and Floi are meant to be together. Though she is a struggling career teenager and he a medical student, over the course of one passionate and carefree night in the South, the two fall deeply in love.

Circumstances - and the sudden outburst of anger from Floi - drive them apart, but both continue to be haunted by memories of each other. When Lex.ir realizes it was all a test of tolerance, Floi is irrevocably gone from his life, but not from his heart.

Though Lex.ir doesn't yet know it, Floi is going to Cebu as well, where a convention shall bring them together. But now Floi is engaged to despising love, a decision she made after a gazillion heartbreaks and Lex.ir is officially dating his groupmate Crispy Nitz.

What happens next?

Lex.ir ends up with Floi, of course. And Crispy Nitz? Contrary to Martha's decision to let go,

"I won't let you off the hook that easily..."

Uh, girl, wakee wakee up!!! What hook?!

-----------------------
If this post isn't bitchy, I don't know what is. Downright mean. But I wanna enjoy this, I'm on the other side of the table for once... Eff womanitarianism, like what I said before... [...]


******************************
*.* as if! @ 9:24:00 PM • • RBJ

 


I'll be seeing you. Goodnight.

Find me here:

friendsterated

Palabras Finales

Remember me when you hear this

sleeps with butterflies ~ tori amos



Airplanes take you away again
Are you flying
Above where we live?
Then I look up a glare in my eyes
Are you having regrets about last night?
I'm not but I like rivers that rush in
So then I dove in
Is there trouble ahead
For you the acrobat?
I won't push you unless you have a net


You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly then boy


Balloons
Look good from on the ground
I fear with pins and needles around
We may fall then stumble
Upon a carousel
It could take us anywhere

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl, this girl

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly boy


miss me? spot me here:

be listed

Bury the Hatchet

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

online

This 
page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Who Links Here

®fLoi enjoy 2005©