there's gotta be more to life than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me



If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Don't effin' blame the chef!

Saturday, July 03, 2004

The Past, the Present and the Future



After leaving this post hanging for a couple of days, it's only right that I give this top priority while online. Coz that's what I do, PRIORITIZE. But that's a different story and we'll get to that some day.

So, last week was one hell of an emotional torment to me as I was still holding on to Ludwig's I-love-you's and sweet butterfly kisses. I guess deep inside I was praying hard that he's not the monster that suddenly materialized after that Malate incident. But, he is and I can't do anything about it.

As I mentioned in my June 29 entry, Saturday to Monday was a taste of heaven because I went to LB. Of course, I did whine - that's given. They listened to me intently, occasionally cursing the boy for making me feel less than what I really am. When I think about those moments, I had a quick flashback of my UPLB life.

I was respected, admired, even envied. I radiated an aura of authority and power over my life [or so they say]. I'm not one to sulk over a guy. I'm not even one to go ga-ga over a guy. In short, I was fully in control. So, whatever happened to that FLOI?

That was my past [which is roughly half a year ago]. This is my present. A broken fragile girl. All because of a boy. Somebody bang my head hard on the wall.

Somebody did! And now, I'm stronger than ever. Hard to believe, but I gathered enough strength to be happy once again. I am. I have such a beautiful future ahead of me. Why waste it? If I were able to surpass all the shit I went through in the past, I definitely CAN this time.

Riding in Style



Am I the only one who noticed that Policemen are speeding by in a TOYOTA COROLLA ALTIS?! What the...?

How was the government able to afford at least one for each precint? THAT is sooo infuriating. There they are, complaining about budget deficit and they can still provide luxury cars as police mobiles. I know of a much sought-after accountant who earns big but was oly able to get himself a VIOS. Note the difference.

But Dumz said it's actually a good thing. Coz at least now, with those highly capable cars, they won't have an excuse in not apprehending criminals on the run. Well, let's just see.

Being a Good Samaritan and Being a Good Sigma Betan



That is a tough choice to make. I wanted to donate blood that's why I went to the bloodletting. [though I didn't get to coz I am underweight or their weighing scale is not efficient] Plus, Charm and some LB brods were going and I haven't seen them for a long time. I didn't wanna go coz of that boycott ordinance some sisses agreed to, including me.

Well, someone's making quite a big deal of it and embarassing me in the process. Last night, I was with some brods and sisses in Inihaw Republic in Katipunan in a party thrown by Sis Cha for her boyfriend Brod Denggoy. For some reason, a certain sis, which I'd rather not pinpoint, has trouble letting go and had to bring up the issue AT THE PARTY. It's a party for crying out loud! No problems should be allowed to be discussed.

I was able to avoid getting into trouble the whole night despite the nasty remarks she kept dropping everytime I was within a meter away from her. I don't, after all, make a big deal out of petty things. But what really ticked me off was when she pulled her face away when I tried to make beso before leaving. Everyone witnessed that. My face must've burned a fiery red out of embarassment and fury coz her guy companion comforted me and said goodbye for both of them.

Sheesh... another reason for me to love UPLB Betans. Oh well...

High-tech Call Center?



Someone forwarded to this to me via email. It is funny. But come to think of it, we might not be laughing when this is realized in the future, which is not tad impossible.

Operator: Thank you for calling Pizza Hut. May I have your national ID number?
Customer: Hi, I'd like to place an order.

Operator: I must have your NIDM first, sir.
Customer: My National ID Number, yeah, hold on, eh, it's 6102049998-45-54610.

Operator: Thank you Mr Sheehan. I see you live at 1742 Meadowland Drive, and the phone number is 494-2366. Your office number over at Lincoln Insurance is 745-2302 and your cell number is 266-2566. Email address is sheehan@home.net. Which number are you calling from sir?
Customer: Huh? I'm at home. Where'd you get all this information?

Operator: We're wired into the HSS, sir.
Customer: The HSS, what is that?

Operator: We're wired into the Homeland Security System, sir. This will add only 15 seconds to your ordering time.

Customer: (sighs) Oh well, I'd like to order a couple of your All-Meat Special pizzas.
Operator: I don't think that's a good idea, sir.

Customer: Whaddya mean?
Operator: Sir, your medical records and commode sensors indicate that you've got very high blood pressure and extremely high cholesterol. Your National Health Care provider won't allow such an unhealthy choice.

Customer: What?!?! What do you recommend, then?
Operator: You might try our low-fat Soybean Pizza. I'm sure you'll like it.

Customer: What makes you think I'd like something like that?
Operator: Well, you checked out 'Gourmet Soybean Recipes' from your local library last week, sir. That's why I made the suggestion.

Customer: All right, all right. Give me two family-sized ones, then.
Operator: That should be plenty for you, your wife and your four kids,and your 2 dogs can finish the crusts, sir. Your total is $49.99.

Customer: Lemme give you my credit card number.
Operator: I'm sorry sir, but I'm afraid you'll have to pay in cash.Your credit card balance is over its limit

Customer: I'll run over to the ATM and get some cash before your driver gets here.
Operator: That won't work either, sir. Your checking account is overdrawn also.

Customer: Never mind! Just send the pizzas. I'll have the cash ready. How long will it take?
Operator: We're running a little behind, sir. It'll be about 45 minutes, sir. If you're in a hurry you might want to pick'em up while you're out getting the cash, but then, carrying pizzas on a motorcycle can be a little awkward.

Customer: Wait! How do you know I ride a scooter?
Operator: It says here you're in arrears on your car payments, so your car got repo'ed. But your Harley's paid for and you just filled the tank yesterday.

Customer: Well, I'll be a #%#^^&$%^$@#
Operator: I'd advise watching your language, sir. You've already got a July 4, 2003 conviction for cussing out a cop and another one I see here in September for contempt at your hearing for cussing at a judge. Oh yes, I see here that you just got out from a 90 day stay in the State Correctional Facility. Is this your first pizza since your return to society?

Customer: (speechless)
Operator: Will there be anything else, sir?

Customer: Yes, I have a coupon for a free 2 liter of Coke.
Operator: I'm sorry sir, but our ad's exclusionary clause prevents us from offering free soda to diabetics. The New Constitution prohibits this. Thank you for calling Pizza Hut.


******************************
*.* as if! @ 2:32:00 PM • • RBJ

 


I'll be seeing you. Goodnight.

Find me here:

friendsterated

Palabras Finales

Remember me when you hear this

sleeps with butterflies ~ tori amos



Airplanes take you away again
Are you flying
Above where we live?
Then I look up a glare in my eyes
Are you having regrets about last night?
I'm not but I like rivers that rush in
So then I dove in
Is there trouble ahead
For you the acrobat?
I won't push you unless you have a net


You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly then boy


Balloons
Look good from on the ground
I fear with pins and needles around
We may fall then stumble
Upon a carousel
It could take us anywhere

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl, this girl

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly boy


miss me? spot me here:

be listed

Bury the Hatchet

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

online

This 
page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Who Links Here

®fLoi enjoy 2005©