there's gotta be more to life than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me



If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Don't effin' blame the chef!

Friday, March 19, 2004

Whoopee!!!



My first week at work has finally concluded. ANG SAYA!!! And receiving a compliment from The Boss definitely boosted my ego big time. ["You know, you're pretty good for a first timer."]

Well, I'm in the support department. I'm a secretary/receptionist/filing clerk and the list of tasks go on. Um, I guess it would be more appropriate to say that I AM the support department. Coz the company's still a baby.

I won't be surprised if you have not heard of our company yet but you will a lot soon. Press release is coming up and well... let's just say this is an opportunity I never even imagined will knock bang on my door.

Oh, and about my previous entry, haha! I need not worry about anyone squealing on me. Coz duh! Previously browsed URL's appear on the address bar when the arrow is clicked. I just hope no one finds out. Someone told me it can be erased. If you know how to, there's my tagboard. You know what to do.

Chick with a Geek



Guess who I had a coffee date with yesterday. This guy!!! yeah... The man whose charm is so intense it swallowed me whole.

Details are for me to know and you to find out. Just that he is a geek. Was. Till he met moi. Sweet!

oh... Highlights: (Lines that almost made me fall off my chair)

• Are you mad? Don't be mad. Hindi bagay sa cute ang mad face.

• Really? Didn't I use that line with you before? ["You know, you're pretty good for a first timer."]

• [I went to the bathroom and came back with my hand covering my face in embarassment]
What? What's wrong? You need napkin? I'll buy for you.
[No, I'm okeiii. Kakahiya naman.]
Come on, friends naman tayo e. [Take note: friends]

• Tara, let's go.
[Yoko pa umuwi e.]
Ako rin naman e. [Gestures me to come closer. Then whispers] Natata* ako e.

Activism



News came out that Gabriela movement orchestrated a rally against some brandy whose ad line goes
"Nakatikim ka na ba ng kinse?"

Okeiii, I have nothing against them. I'm an advocate of democracy. But hey, it's just an advertisement, for Jane's sake! And kinse años is just Spanish for fifteen years! The ad might be interpreted by some to be malicious but that's the point. It means what you interpret it to be. And if those Gabriela girlies find it demoralizing, then perhaps, they have deimmoralized minds.

FYI: I'm a UP student but I'm not an activist. I neither support nor contradict those who are.
Bottom line: Stop stereo-typing UP students as activists. Their real population merely comprises roughly 10% of the whole UP population.


******************************
*.* as if! @ 9:06:00 PM • • RBJ

 


I'll be seeing you. Goodnight.

Find me here:

friendsterated

Palabras Finales

Remember me when you hear this

sleeps with butterflies ~ tori amos



Airplanes take you away again
Are you flying
Above where we live?
Then I look up a glare in my eyes
Are you having regrets about last night?
I'm not but I like rivers that rush in
So then I dove in
Is there trouble ahead
For you the acrobat?
I won't push you unless you have a net


You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly then boy


Balloons
Look good from on the ground
I fear with pins and needles around
We may fall then stumble
Upon a carousel
It could take us anywhere

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl, this girl

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly boy


miss me? spot me here:

be listed

Bury the Hatchet

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

online

This 
page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Who Links Here

®fLoi enjoy 2005©