there's gotta be more to life than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me



If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Don't effin' blame the chef!

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Road Rage


I almost wasn't able to go to such an eventful activity. Why? Mum and Pop didn't let me. Boy, was I surprised.

But being the rebellious daughter that I am, I went anyway.

I arrived at around 3pm and the activity was already in full swing. [If it can be called like so.] The entries didn't reach the projected number, though. We learned later that it was partly because FPJ held a campaign somewhere near San Pablo which caused heavy traffic. Darn politics! We lost at least 5 entries. FPJ sure lost at least 20 votes.

The weather couldn't have been more cooperative. I loved it! Looking back on Transhow 2001, we all had sunburns by the end of the day. I had this tan line which showed prevalently coz I was wearing a tank top the whole day and changed into a bareback top for the awarding ceremonies. I was teased to be Floi Egay for days after.

By 7pm, some sisses transferred to Flatrocks to prep things up for the after-party. I was one of them. It was a bit funny because they were announcing the whole day that the awarding ceremonies will be held at Flatrocks but they didn't realize that some participants had no clue as to where Flatrocks is. I posed as tour guide and gave the participants directions. I now have at least 5 more stalkers on my cellphone. Great.

The party was a blast. For the Betans, anyway. Most of the participants were too tired to "pah-ty!!!". By midnight, entrance was free and San Mig Light was sold at P20. I slipped out of the party with Allan for a while and transferred to IC's for Weng-Weng. We caught up with each other. Actually, I wouldn't call it catching up coz for the two years that I've known him, that I've hung out with him, I never really had a personal conversation with him. So, it was more like getting to know each other better.

We went back to the party and I sat down with the Castrol people. I was thinking "Forget PR-ing the participants. Focus on the sponsors." Lolz. Well, we've been seeing Mr. Castrol #1 since the very first Transhow so we've known him for two years and he has always been this aloof I'm-here-for-business man. We were all surprised when he launched into a comedy act and took on the spotlight. Hmmm... we should have gotten him drunk years ago!Ü Mr. Castrol #2, as we found out later, doesn't really work for Castrol. He's just Mr. Castrol #1's peer that got fed up and became an instant judge for the activity.

By 4am, things mellowed down and we called it a night. Roselle the Great and I crashed at Lou-Anne's place. We finally hit the sack at 6am after evaluating and discussing the activity's turn-out over lots and lots of food. Talk about major after-gimik pig-out.

Egocentrism


A friend taking up Computer Science at DLSU was asked if she has already made/designed/posted her own website. She calmly answered no. When asked why, here's her answer.

"E kase sa tingin ko yung mga merong sariling website, conceited. Puro lang naman tungkol sa sarili nila ang nilalaman nun e. E hindi ako ganun."

Just like her to have a far-out opinion. He he he.

Deleted


A thing about break-ups is claiming your single-ness.

Before I even thought of it, He already deleted His testimonial for me and mine for Him. I was surprised He didn't delete me from His friend list.

I asked a friend who is recovering from a break-up if she has already deleted the ex's text messages. She hasn't. I dared her that we'll do it simultaneously. She faltered. Why? Coz she "can't handle it if the ex deleted her text messages. And she wouldn't stand it if the ex deleted her from his life altogether".

I haven't deleted His messages yet. I guess I'm still gathering up enough strength to even think of completely letting go.


******************************
*.* as if! @ 3:55:00 PM • • RBJ

 


I'll be seeing you. Goodnight.

Find me here:

friendsterated

Palabras Finales

Remember me when you hear this

sleeps with butterflies ~ tori amos



Airplanes take you away again
Are you flying
Above where we live?
Then I look up a glare in my eyes
Are you having regrets about last night?
I'm not but I like rivers that rush in
So then I dove in
Is there trouble ahead
For you the acrobat?
I won't push you unless you have a net


You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly then boy


Balloons
Look good from on the ground
I fear with pins and needles around
We may fall then stumble
Upon a carousel
It could take us anywhere

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl, this girl

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly boy


miss me? spot me here:

be listed

Bury the Hatchet

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

online

This 
page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Who Links Here

®fLoi enjoy 2005©