there's gotta be more to life than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me



If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Don't effin' blame the chef!

Sunday, February 08, 2004

With Crossed Fingers


Okeiii. I know I promised to blog the next day but I bet you know by now that I don't keep my promises much. *sigh*

But now, I won't let anything come between me and my lamentations. Though what you are about to read is not much of a lamentation, rather somewhat like a giggly high school girl's diary entry on her first kiss.

No, this is not censored.

-------------------------------

I just finished taking a bath yesterday at 630pm when my phone played Ni Yao Te Ai [cheezy, I know]. I had Jane answer it since I was still wiping dry. She let out a shriek and said the magic words that unleashed the long-buried giddy side of me. "Floi! Hulaan mo kung sino! PeopleSupport!" [Floi! Guess who's calling! PeopleSupport!].

I dropped everything [which includes a deodorant and my towel] and ran to get it. I was completely caught off guard, literally. There I was in my naked glory being interviewed by Ms. Mia from PeopleSupprt. A very professional first aquaintance, I must say. If she only knew, she wouldn't have given me any second thought and rejected my application right then and there. Lolz. But, I'm proud to say I quickly regained my composure [still with nothing on] and handled it well.

After the call [still in my birthday suit], I jumped around the room like a cheerleader on a championship game. I sneezed and realized I'll catch a cold and not be able to move on to the next step of my application if I don't get dressed soon.

I shared my joy with Jane and she joined me in my victory dance when a realization struck us at the same time. Ms. Mia scheduled my exams, etc. the next day which happens to be today! At 930 in the morning!

We were bombarded by a gazillion questions. What will I wear? Where is Robinson's Summit Center in Makati? Will I be able to get there on time?

Needless to say, I spent the whole night worrying, which is not surprising. Imagine being informed less than 24 hours beforehand of the biggest event that will make a lot of difference in your present life.

I had Jane wake me up at 5am but it seemed I wasn't the only one excited about this. It turned out she didn't doze off until a little after 4. I myself didn't even realize I have already fallen asleep until I woke up opened my eyes to sunrise. Yes, we got up at 630 which was good enough because we arrived at the building just on time, 20 minutes before the appointed time to be exact.

There I was, all executive-ly looking in my corporate attire. Draw me in your imagination: sleeveless polo, black collared overcoat, black slacks, mum's deadly pointy black leather closed-toe stilletos which I've coveted since she bought them, pearl teardrop earrings, my hair neatly secured in a low ponytail and light virtually-not-there make-up.

While waiting for a jeep, it drizzled. I would have been pissed off for the rain on what I now pertain to as my perfect day since... forever! But, I saw it as God's way of saying "Relax, Floi, I'm with you all the way." God literally showered me his guidance!Ü

We reached the building and I only found out then that my ID is missing. It never left my wallet so I was confident it would be there but it wasn't. Someone played a cruel joke and took my one and only valid identification paraphernalia. Good thing I looked credible enough that the receptionist let me in anyway. TSK! TSK! TSK! Very unprofessional.

Jane and I planned to meet up in G4 at 12noon since she wasn't allowed in the building. And I took the elevator to my salvation [located in the 32nd floor].

The rest is well... censored. He he he. To give all those aspiring eReps out there some challenge! But, I have to admit, their written grammar and reading comprehension exam was not like any I've taken before. It did require thorough contemplation. You could just imagine how surprised I was when Mr. Exam Proctor announced that I aced the test. I, Marie Fleurdelis Pablo, a college undergraduate aced the hiring exam of one of biggest call centers in Makati, or perhaps the world. Excuse me, I am not bragging. Well, maybe a little. No, not at all. I am not yet in the position to brag. [Don't jinx it, Floi.]

And, here I am, wishing the next three days would just disappear into the abyss of history and I'll be receiving the judgement call.

Den-de-de-den-den-den-den-den. Drum roll. Until the call.

Keep your fingers crossed!


******************************
*.* as if! @ 1:17:00 AM • • RBJ

 


I'll be seeing you. Goodnight.

Find me here:

friendsterated

Palabras Finales

Remember me when you hear this

sleeps with butterflies ~ tori amos



Airplanes take you away again
Are you flying
Above where we live?
Then I look up a glare in my eyes
Are you having regrets about last night?
I'm not but I like rivers that rush in
So then I dove in
Is there trouble ahead
For you the acrobat?
I won't push you unless you have a net


You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly then boy


Balloons
Look good from on the ground
I fear with pins and needles around
We may fall then stumble
Upon a carousel
It could take us anywhere

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl, this girl

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly boy


miss me? spot me here:

be listed

Bury the Hatchet

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

online

This 
page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Who Links Here

®fLoi enjoy 2005©