there's gotta be more to life than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me



If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Don't effin' blame the chef!

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

No Headliners


I've been keeping my social life [and sanity] in tune lately by chatting. Lots and lots of chatting in IRC and Y!. I dunno if it's good for me, though, coz all it does is make me feel bad about having to meet people through this darn technological box and not actually face-to-face. You see, everyone who knows me knows that I'm an extremely social person who enjoys a nice good talk even with a stranger, especially while observing their personality through their gestures and facial expressions. My psychological instincts at work, perhaps. And it almost never fails me.

But in the internet, I can't really tell what the person has in mind. The thing that most irritates me is that people, especially guys, tend to give you more attention once they see your picture [or on the webcam]. Thus, leaving no room for further personal discourse. They say things meant to impress you, not necessarily true. They shower you with compliments synonymous to "Damn! You're pretty" thinking you'll give them more than a minute of your time if they do. Doesn't work for me, though. I applaud those who shows interest in me because they "... think you're really smart. I wanna get to know you better". Smart is good. A welcomed compliment anytime. :)

-------------------------------

A lot commented on my previous post about the housewife part. For the record, no, I am not married. No, I do not have children. No, I am not pregnant. And I probably won't be these things in the near future. Hell, NO!!! The mere thought of it makes me cringe.

You all just missed the "I feel like..." at the beginning of the sentence. Pardon me for the compound sentence.

PAY MORE ATTENTION NEXT TIME!!! *wink*

-------------------------------

Johan mentioned me in his blog. Nothing big. He thinks I'm "...some girl named floi". Lolz. I guess that's all I really am. Some girl.

He even mentioned "She's got some issues, too." Even a stranger knows there's something not quite right with me.

-------------------------------

I've opened a new friendster account for those people who wish to "be friends" with me. Plus, I learned it's the best way to be noticed in a chatroom. And I'm getting kinda sick of getting friend requests from people I've never even heard of. I'm just heeding Friendster's advice of "You should only approve this request if _____ is really your friend".

Someone noted "Naks! Parang artista ah!". Lolz. Not so. Coz artistas get paid.

-------------------------------

The sorority had a system-wide conference last Saturday. I didn't get to go which made me extremely pissed with mum and pop. Grrrr. Good thing my fangs weren't sharp enough, lest they'd be suffering from rabies by now.

We'll They'll be conducting their Medical Mission this Saturday. I'm hoping against hope that I can come.

-------------------------------

Just for laughs. I heard these from Wave 89.1.

"If four out of five suffer from diarrhea, does that mean that ONE actually ENJOY it?"

"Women prefer older guys because they are more matured. But, men on theory, DO NOT MATURE. So, better marry a younger guy."

-------------------------------

I've been forcing my lazy ass to workout. Making use of those Tae Bo maneuvers I learned from PE 2 back in freshman year. I actually feel stronger and less hostile. Bring on the happy hormones!

-------------------------------

Why haven't I been blogging much lately?

Simply because, I lost the spirit to. I feel so stupified lately I can't even say a decent sentence. A bloggable*** sentence.

***bloggable - now, that's a word. Courtesy of the Pablo's Dictionary.

-------------------------------

Aren't we feeling all quote-y in this blog entry? And all tidbit-y?


******************************
*.* as if! @ 4:11:00 AM • • RBJ

 


I'll be seeing you. Goodnight.

Find me here:

friendsterated

Palabras Finales

Remember me when you hear this

sleeps with butterflies ~ tori amos



Airplanes take you away again
Are you flying
Above where we live?
Then I look up a glare in my eyes
Are you having regrets about last night?
I'm not but I like rivers that rush in
So then I dove in
Is there trouble ahead
For you the acrobat?
I won't push you unless you have a net


You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly then boy


Balloons
Look good from on the ground
I fear with pins and needles around
We may fall then stumble
Upon a carousel
It could take us anywhere

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl, this girl

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly boy


miss me? spot me here:

be listed

Bury the Hatchet

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

online

This 
page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Who Links Here

®fLoi enjoy 2005©