there's gotta be more to life than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me



If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Don't effin' blame the chef!

Saturday, January 03, 2004

new year, new beginning


... and a good one, too.

bring on the firecrackers

new year's eve was a good compensation for my christmas eve.

the family had media noche at the shop [where i now live with kuya]. the food was oh-so-yummy!!! the center piece was a lechon pig face. but i didn't eat a lot because i wanna stick to my resolutions. [only macaroni salad coz it was really yummy]

kuya took videos of jane, pangee and moi dancing to ocho-ocho for the relatives abroad. it was really funny!!! and the screaming bout i had with mum was just a contest on who can do it the longest. kuya, jane, pangee and i played counter-strike till the wee hours of the morning. i was getting better at it.

i never did like firecrackers. they scare the hell out of me. kuya lit a juda's belt and i almost jumped off my skin. argh.

i read somewhere that it's a superstition that what you do and what you are come new year will be what you'll be doing and what you'll be for the rest of the year. does this mean that my family will be happy and together for the year 2004?

hope so.

come together, right now

we went to malabon on new year's day to visit our closest maternal relatives. [no pun intended]

it was great. baby erythe is getting bigger and cuter. lady will always be the sweetest thing and her two older brothers will always be brats. [these children are my nieces and nephews. cousins' offsprings]

tito emeng gave me a pair of AND 1 sneakers which fits very well. and ate mayeth gave me a nice green turtleneck top.

we left at around 530 and went to baywalk. [that's manila bay for the oldies. ;p] the place was filled with people. i remember when i was a lot younger, you can't even walk there with safety in your head. it was like someone's gonna mug you anytime or something. and when you go there, it connotes that your pockets are empty. well, ours are but a lot of dough-plenty peeps were there. coñotics, even.

we ate at this side-street kiosk Indo's strip along the walk which serves sizzling dishes. we were supposed to eat at this japanese one but all their jap dishes were unavailable. [which was irritatingly ironic] right before we took our first bite, a fireworks display went on. [FYI: gambas are shrimps and calamares are squids, ok? i learned that in my brief career at a bar in LB which is called Panicles which are actually rice plant stems] it actually lasted for 15-20 minutes which probably caused some mesmerized people stiff necks. we were laughing all along coz whenever this firework which creates a huge colorful circle comes on, everyone says oooh in chorus. reminds me much of those cue boards on variety shows which says applause.

after appeasing our hunger, we took a walk without a certain destination. just enjoying the lights, sounds, aromas and of course the crowd. we had mum and pop go ahead since it was their 26th anniversary. but, really, coz simon and i wanted a stick. what, with that huge meal! [there goes my resolution]

we regrouped by the fountains beside aristocrat. walked a little and decided to call it a night. grabe talaga ang holidays! traffic is less than amusing. made pop be thankful he didn't have to drive through it. but on the way home, we realized the downside of taking public transportation. there are more passengers than available transpo. especially taxi cabs. they still haven't changed. still selecting passengers for their own convenience. we had to take a bus home.

an enchanted afternoon and evening

jan2 we went to Enchanted Kingdom. we was me, astro, simon, kuya, jane and their chatmates. mum and pangee followed later.

we were there at 1 and the ride qeues were already long!!! that was when we learned the most valuable lesson about EK. NEVER GO THERE ON HOLIDAYS AND ON-SEASON. we went home at 1 the next morning and we only got to enjoy SIX rides. dodgem, log jam, space shuttle, rio grande, anchor's away and rialto --- in chronological order. we waited for an average of two hours per ride. grabe talaga!

the worst was in Rio Grande. we waited for FOUR hours!!! someone in line even muttered "maghihintay ka ng apat na oras para lang magpabasa. dapat umuwi na lang tayo at nagtabo." i want to say that the wait was worth it but i can't. the rubber handle smelled like a basketball player's used towel and so does the water. i tried to enjoy it, though. four hours is a big thing. a couple of hours later, i was itching like crazy. ugh.

the one good thing about waiting in queus was that i was with my baby. plenty of QT [quality time].

someone brought a digicam and took pictures. i'll post them as soon as he sends it.

it's a small world, indeed. on the queu to rio grande, i saw angela. she is a friend's friend who also went to SJA. i was in grade six when she graduated from high school. she is also kuya's long lost friend. i really am good with faces coz the last time i saw her was before graduation. okeiii, i still see her face in our yearbook. [grade school and high school batches share a common yearbook] she was more admirable, however. she still remembers me.

give me a fine time


someone is being missed. badly.

worse, paranoia is kicking in and i'm thinking that this someone doesn't want to see nor talk to me anymore.

invisible mode is terrifying. petrifying. mortifying.

someone. someone. you know who you are. [i hope]


******************************
*.* as if! @ 5:51:00 PM • • RBJ

 


I'll be seeing you. Goodnight.

Find me here:

friendsterated

Palabras Finales

Remember me when you hear this

sleeps with butterflies ~ tori amos



Airplanes take you away again
Are you flying
Above where we live?
Then I look up a glare in my eyes
Are you having regrets about last night?
I'm not but I like rivers that rush in
So then I dove in
Is there trouble ahead
For you the acrobat?
I won't push you unless you have a net


You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly then boy


Balloons
Look good from on the ground
I fear with pins and needles around
We may fall then stumble
Upon a carousel
It could take us anywhere

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl, this girl

You say the word
You know I will find you
Or if you need some time
I don't mind
I don't hold on
To the tail of your kite
I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies
With butterflies
With butterflies
So go on and fly boy


miss me? spot me here:

be listed

Bury the Hatchet

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

online

This 
page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Who Links Here

®fLoi enjoy 2005©